Jennifer Zukowski, secretary of the board of directors for the Lake of the Woods Association, visited the LOW Democratic Club’s meeting Jan. 19 to present an overview of the board’s priorities for 2917.
She also answered members’ questions about various projects pending before the board, including the new Sweetbriar swimming pool and a proposed new dog park.
Ms. Zukowski distributed copies of the board’s ten priorities for the year, adopted on Oct. 1, 2016. They include:
- Implementation of the Lakes Management Improvement Plan, which includes construction of the Keatons Run Water Quality retrofit, design of the Flat Run Forebay, beginning design on the 14th Fairway Fund and implementing Aquatic Invasive Species prevention education and advocacy plans.
- Construction of the Sweetbriar Pool by May 2017.
- Review plans, examine site issues, explore covered pool, and explore more affordable options for the Clubhouse Pool/Fitness Center/ Outdoor Recreation Complex.
- Implement the choice of electronic voting by 2017 board election.
- Upgrade the functionality, user friendliness, and content of LOWA.ORG Develop and implement a plan to improve LOWA communication with all groups by ocusing on appropriate media outlets.
- Approve plans to celebrate LOWA’s 50th anniversary.
- Complete and review of the LOWA Vision and Mission statements.
- Identify options for location, configuration and operation of a new dog park.
- Explore possible new income streams which could include sale of LOWA properties.
- Develop and implement a plan to improve teen activities.